It wasn’t publicized very much, but there is now a quick way to convert a profile to a page and quickly convert your friends to fans.
This is exciting news for profile owners who want their friends to become fans on a page. So many business owners did it WRONG so now is a great time to fix it.
If you haven’t done this migrating your profile is NOW possible so you can convert all your friends that you worked so hard collecting over to your PAGE.
Here’s what you do:
1. You log into your Profile
2. Open a new tab and go to this page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php?migrate
3. You then get the ‘Migrate a Page’ Facebook page
4. Select what type of PAGE you want to create ; Local Business or Place, Company or Organization, etc.
One thing to keep in mind is if a profile owner wants to migrate their profile to a current existing page, any custom work already done on the page (custom tabs, apps, etc) will be lost.
“Be aware that when you convert your profile to a Page, your profile pictures will be transferred, and all of your friends will be automatically added as people who like your Page. No other content will be carried over to your new Page, so be sure to save any important content before beginning your migration.”
Migrating is irreversible at this time, so you may want to download your profile information — including photos, wall posts, messages and friend list — before making the switch.
Your entire existing profile is transferred to the fan page, so you’d have to create a new profile page from scratch.
This will give you a clean slate so you can build your profile to include your friends and family and use your PAGE for business.
It also may take a few hours for the migration to take effect so be patient if you do not see all your friends list over onto the new PAGE.
Also disclaimer Virtual Business Solutions is not liable and is not responsible if this does not migrate correctly.
- The BENEFITS to having a PAGE as a business owner are HUGE. I see this too many times a business owner will set up a PROFILE for their business and NOT a PAGE.
- Unlimited “likes” (friends)
(profiles also have a 5,000 friend limit)
- Pages are visible to search engine
- Pages are visible even if you don’t have a Facebook account
(so people can see your page information, profiles are private and only visible to friends)
- Customization for Tabs, apps etc.
If you haven’t set up a Facebook account yet the correct way to work with Facebook is to create an account and set up your PERSONAL profile and then when logged into your account create a PAGE.
If you are still confused and are trying to figure out if you have a PAGE or a profile if you have friends you are on your PROFILE if it says “likes” you are on your business PAGE.
If you need help feel free to contact us at Virtual Business Solutions to set up your business page.